Quintessence Larp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quintessence Larp

This is the Forum for the quintessence live action role playing game held in Louisiana.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

BLACK SPELL LIST

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
PlotChris

PlotChris

Nick : Extra Undead Activity

BLACK SPELL LIST Empty
PostSubject: BLACK SPELL LIST   BLACK SPELL LIST Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 5:45 pm

BLACK SPELL LIST

Black magic is a powerful and insidious school of magic. While most people tend to think that the school of Black magic is primarily about destructive power, that is a wide spread fallacy. Black magic is about power and control. It is heavily focused on enhancing the power of those who wield it and weakening those who stand against it so that it can eventually enslave them.

1st level

Demon Rune (Enchantment) – “With infernal power I brand you with a demonic rune.”
Target gains +1 strength for ten minutes

Demonic Hand (Enchantment) – “I conjure claws of the abyss.”
This spell gives the black mage the ability to fight with claws, and the claws deal +1 damage. This spell lasts for ten minutes.

Profane Strike (Damage) – “I invoke a Profane Strike.”
This Spell deals 5 points of magical profane damage.

Weapon Ward (Resist) – “With Infernal might I ward weapons.”
‘Resist’ the Next normal weapon strike.

2nd Level

Demonic Armor (Enchantment) – “I command Demonic Armor to protect you.”
Grants the target +20 armor.

Demonic Vitality (Enchantment) – “I command demonic vitality to sustain me.”
Caster gains plus ten hit points and +1 toughness that lasts for ten minutes.

Sap Vitality (Curse) – “I sap your vitality with ease.”
Target losses ten hp from their max, to a minimum for one, Lasts for ten minutes.

Weaken Will (Curse) – “I weaken your will with ease.”
Target calls -1 damage for ten minutes.

3rd Level

Dominate Animal (Curse) – “By my will I dominate this animal.”
Target Animal is dominated, will obey the casters commands to the best of their ability, is the caster is dropped the target is still follows the last command the caster gave them until the duration of the spell is finished. This spell has duration of ten minutes.

Fear (Curse) – “I command you to fear me.”
Target is in fear of the caster and must stay 10’ away from the caster unless the caster takes direct offensive actions against the target. Moving towards or even running towards the target is not an offensive action.

Infernal Power (Enchantment) – “I command the abyss to grant me Infernal Power.”
Caster receives +2 strength for 10 minutes.

Lesser Spell Break (Curse) – “I remove lesser magics before me.”
Dispels all magical effects level 1-3 on the target.

4th Level

Degradation (Damaging Curse) – “I weaken your (item) with ease.”
Target items is treated as if it were 2 material type lesser then it is, if this spell is cast on the lowest grade of item the item is destroyed. This spells effect must be healed, it does not wear off.

Infernal Plague (Curse) – “By my wrath I inflict you with an Infernal Plague.”
Target has -2 toughness, and -10 hit points for ten minutes or one combat (whichever is faster).

Profane Blast (Damage) –“With this Profane Blast, I crush you.”
Target takes 25 points of profane magical damage.

Suppress Material Connection (Curse) – “I suppress your connection to this place.”
All descriptors connected to the target are no longer in effect for that target for 10 minutes.

5th level

Cower (Curse) – “You shall cower in fear before me.”
Fear effect, target must remain in place opposed to run, lasts for ten minutes.

Enrage (Curse) – “I fill your heart with rage.”
Target is under a berserk effect and blindly attacks THE CLOSEST target.

Infernal Aura (Enchantment) – “I grant myself an Infernal Aura.”
Two Targets and the caster call an additional two damage on their weapon swings. Lasts for ten minutes.

Shatter (Curse) – “I command your (item) to shatter before me.”
Target Item of craft level 1-5 is destroyed.

6th Level

Dominate Monster (Curse) – “By the power of The Abyss, I dominate this monster.”
Same as ‘Dominate Animal’, except that this spell works on any monster (mid intelligence or lower).

Greater Spell Break (Instant) – “I destroy greater magics before me”
Dispels all magical effects on the target that are from level one to level six effects.

Petrify (Curse) – “Your fear of me petrifies your soul.”
Target suffers a fear effect, and cannot move from their spot. Target remains unable to move until struck by 10 points of damage or shaken on a ’10 count’. Unless the caster attacks the target, the target remains ‘feared’ for 10 minutes.

Subjugate (Curse) – “your weaker will is now subjugated to mine”
Target takes a charm effect, the charm effect acts as a fear effect as well. Instead of being charmed to the person because they are a nice guy so you want to help them, you are deathly afraid that if you don’t your soul will cease to exist.

7th Level

Abyssal Infusion (Enchantment) – “By sacrifice of flesh and bone, the abyss and I are now one”
Caster Gains the Profane Descriptor, +2 Strength, +20 Hit points, +1 Toughness, and three ‘20 profane’ packets.

Call Demon (Enchantment) – “By the black flames of Lucaeifar’s hall, I send forth a demon call.”
Summons a lesser demon minion. This minion, if you force it to fight for you, has 35 hit points, +2 strength, +2 toughness, and a 4 column through Level 3 Black Spells. Alternatively, this Demon can be made to answer 3 questions (requires STs).

Curse (Curse) – “I curse your name to ruinous fortune.”
Target takes double damage from everything, negative effects last twice as long, and bleeding and dissipation counts are cut in half.

Dark Explosion (Damage) – “With Burning Fury, my dark explosion ruins your body.”
Target tales 50 points of magical profane damage.

Last edited by PlotChris on Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:22 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Added spell types and updated several descriptions)
Back to top Go down
Grey

Grey

Nick : He scares us Sometimes

BLACK SPELL LIST Empty
PostSubject: Re: BLACK SPELL LIST   BLACK SPELL LIST Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 4:59 am

Suppress Material Connection (Curse) – “I suppress your connection to this place.”
All descriptors connected to the target are no longer in effect for that target for 10 minutes.

I noticed some spells attack certain descriptors like demons are considered black, So in essence could a demon / vampire / orc use this as a shield against those spells?

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Spell check- Should be "takes" and not "tales"

- Dark Explosion (Damage) – “With Burning Fury, my dark explosion ruins your body.”
Target tales 50 points of magical profane damage.
Back to top Go down
PlotChris

PlotChris

BLACK SPELL LIST Empty
PostSubject: Re: BLACK SPELL LIST   BLACK SPELL LIST Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 5:12 am

Edit made.

Being a particular race or creature type is not considered a descriptor. Descriptors are Holy, Profane, Fire, Water, Earth, Air, Entropy, and Magic. These are granted through several Elemental Spells and every 'Infusion' spell.

Certain creatures inherently have descriptors on them, like a fire elemental. These descriptors have certain stats that are attached to them. The 'Suppress' spell would negate those stats.
Back to top Go down
PlotRyan
Admin

BLACK SPELL LIST Empty
PostSubject: Re: BLACK SPELL LIST   BLACK SPELL LIST Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 3:49 am

Can weaken will stack?
Back to top Go down
PlotChris

PlotChris

BLACK SPELL LIST Empty
PostSubject: Re: BLACK SPELL LIST   BLACK SPELL LIST Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 3:17 pm

I would have to make a preliminary call to say that Weaken Will cannot stack with itself. You could possibly upgrade the potency of this spell through Mastery rituals. But that is something the aspiring Black casters will have to figure out on their own.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

BLACK SPELL LIST Empty
PostSubject: Re: BLACK SPELL LIST   BLACK SPELL LIST Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BLACK SPELL LIST
Page 1 of 1