Quintessence Larp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quintessence Larp

This is the Forum for the quintessence live action role playing game held in Louisiana.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

GREY SPELL LIST

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
PlotChris

PlotChris

Nick : Extra Undead Activity

GREY SPELL LIST Empty
PostSubject: GREY SPELL LIST   GREY SPELL LIST Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 11:50 pm

GREY SPELL LIST

Grey Magic is the most basic of all magical types. You cannot learn Grey Magic as you can other schools of magic. Instead, Grey Magic is learned inherently upon purchasing ranks in other magic. This list is highly utilitarian and provides any caster of any spell school with the few extra things they could need for almost any situation.

Level 1 Spells

Detect Magic (Instant) – “I call upon The Quintessence to Detect Magic.”
Cast on an object or in a 10’ radius, all objects or people who possess magical enchantments (even if they are temporary) resonate with their energy. This spell does not identify anything other than that magic is present.

Light/Darkness (Enchantment) – “I conjure a light./I conjure a darkness.”
Create a light source that illuminates a 20’ area with the brightness of a torch. Extinguish a light source or create a 10’ area of darkness

Lock/Open Lock (Barrier/Instant) – “I seal/open this [object].”
This spell creates a Mage Lock that is equal to a Rank 3 Lock that can be broken with +6 strength. This spell also dispels another Mage Lock.

Sigil (Permanent) – “The Quintessence marks this object as mine.”
Cast this on anything that you have purchased or anything that you have been given and had in possession for 3 months or longer (stolen items cannot be marked by this spell). Your personal sigil (which must be registered with Story Telling Staff) now appears on this object and cannot be removed unless you legally lose ownership of the object.

Level 2 Spells

Conceal Magic (Resist) – “I call upon The Quintessence to Conceal Magic.”
This spell allows a person or object to ‘Resist’ a single use of Detect Magic. Something that uses this ‘Resist’ is immune to Detect Magic from the same source for 10 minutes.

Endure Elements (Enchantment) – “I call upon The Quintessence to endure elements.”
Pick an elemental environment type at the time of casting. Your character gains +1 Elemental Resilience. This reduces the most basic of negative effects of for a particular environment for the duration of the spell.

Magic Glue/Solution (Barrier/Instant) – “I conjure a magical adhesive/solution.”
With each casting of this spell you can ‘glue’ or ‘unglue’ a 5’x5’ area. Objects must be placed on the glue within 10 seconds of casting or the glue dissipates. Objects so glued remain stuck in place until they receive a solution. Glue can be overcome with +8 strength.

Resist Elements (Resist) – “I call upon The Quintessence to grant Elemental Resistance.”
This spell grants a target one ‘Resist’ against the next source of non-Mastery Elemental Damage.

Level 3 Spells

Harm (Damage) – “I call upon The Quintessence to Harm you.”
This spell deals 10 points of damage to a target.

Heal (Instant) – “I call upon The Quintessence to Heal wounds.”
This spell restores 10 hit points to a target.

Minor Spell Store (Resist) – “I call forth a Minor Spell Store.”
This spell can be cast on a target or a 10’x10’ area. It allows another 1-3 level spell of any spell type to be cast into it. If cast upon a target, the target can discharge the spell at will. If cast on an area, the spell goes off when target conditions are met. (I.E. – When enemy X enters or When I enter, etc.)

Minor Turning (Instant Enchantment) – “The Quintessence Turns you back!”
This spell does 5 points of ‘Holy’ Damage. If cast upon an Undead or something with the Necromantic descriptor, the target takes 10 points of damage instead of 5 and is subject to ‘Fear’ of the caster.

Last edited by PlotChris on Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Grey

Grey

Nick : He scares us Sometimes

GREY SPELL LIST Empty
PostSubject: Re: GREY SPELL LIST   GREY SPELL LIST Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 3:28 am

I would like to see this without the prereq of casting another type of magic, basically make it flunky magic... Very awesome concept though. Nice name too, I should always have it by default heh.
Back to top Go down
PlotChris

PlotChris

GREY SPELL LIST Empty
PostSubject: Re: GREY SPELL LIST   GREY SPELL LIST Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 5:15 am

Perhaps I will have to spell it with an 'a' instead of an 'e'.

These levels of grey magic are inherently gained with learning other schools of magic for IP reasons.
Back to top Go down
Fate

GREY SPELL LIST Empty
PostSubject: Re: GREY SPELL LIST   GREY SPELL LIST Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 5:52 pm

How does this work concerning philosophy points? Same aspect? Lvl 3 spells take 3 philosophy points to cast?
Back to top Go down
Kenny

Kenny

GREY SPELL LIST Empty
PostSubject: Re: GREY SPELL LIST   GREY SPELL LIST Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 10:21 pm

the way i understand it is that you have to buy spell slots to cast grey magic just like u would any other class of magic and that philosophy points can not be used to cast grey spells. so if u have 3 lvl 1 spell slots u can cast 3 lvl 1 grey spells. etc...
Back to top Go down
PlotChris

PlotChris

GREY SPELL LIST Empty
PostSubject: Re: GREY SPELL LIST   GREY SPELL LIST Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 6:01 pm

Kenny is correct in this.

Grey Magic performs as any other magic school that falls under the Arcane Skill List and is purchased and cast just like any other Arcane spell school.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GREY SPELL LIST Empty
PostSubject: Re: GREY SPELL LIST   GREY SPELL LIST Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GREY SPELL LIST
Page 1 of 1