Quintessence Larp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quintessence Larp

This is the Forum for the quintessence live action role playing game held in Louisiana.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bleeding, and Death counts.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
PlotRyan
Admin

Bleeding, and Death counts. Empty
PostSubject: Bleeding, and Death counts.   Bleeding, and Death counts. Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 1:07 pm

Originally we intended for this to be a highly lethal game. I think that our bleeding, and death counts reflect that.

As far as I am aware, the bleeding count is 1 minute, and can be further augmented by abilities and advantages.

The death count remains at 5 minutes. However I am not absolutely sure that is correct. I also remember it being a much shorter three minutes, or even as scary as 1 minute. Which could be further augmented by abilities and advantages.

Just need some clarification and discussion if needed.
Back to top Go down
PlotChris

PlotChris

Nick : Extra Undead Activity

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding, and Death counts.   Bleeding, and Death counts. Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 3:57 pm

1 minute bleed out is accurate. When bleeding you are able to speak softly and gargled as well as crawl slowly away.

A 1 minute death count is a bit too sick. However, I am in favor of a 3 minute count. It increases the lethality of the game and there are several ways to increase both of these counts.

If we decide to go with a 3 minute count, we can always decide to alter that if it turns out to just be too damn nasty.
Back to top Go down
Ikari2015
Admin
Ikari2015

Nick : Sleeping Giant

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding, and Death counts.   Bleeding, and Death counts. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 1:15 am

I am interested to see how that'll turn up in play testing.
Back to top Go down
PlotChris

PlotChris

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding, and Death counts.   Bleeding, and Death counts. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 1:58 am

Aww. Come on now, Matt.

If you read the posts above yours, you'll see that we are still undecided on the death count.

What do you think about the death count at 1, 3, or 5 minutes? Especially given the ability of some races to greatly advance these times with Racial Advantages?

Given your own personal LARP experiences and understanding the type of game that this is at it's core, which do you think would be the most appropriate count? How bout metaphysically considering some of the things you know about the way the game universe works?

Work with me here man.
Back to top Go down
Grey

Grey

Nick : He scares us Sometimes

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding, and Death counts.   Bleeding, and Death counts. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 3:37 am

I have always liked the 1 min rule... Your heart pumps about 5 liters a min, while you have about 5 liters of blood. I enjoy small bits of realism in my LARP. <shrugs>
Back to top Go down
PlotChris

PlotChris

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding, and Death counts.   Bleeding, and Death counts. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 10:37 pm

While 1 minute may be realistic, we need to find a balance here. Because honestly, with only a 1 minute bleeding count, we are gonna have LOTS of player turnover early in the game and amongst the lower level crowds. Not that this is exactly a bad thing. Just that it is a pretty rough situation for people to find themselves in. But if we go with a 1 minute count, then we will at least be able to say that we have warned people.
Back to top Go down
Fate

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding, and Death counts.   Bleeding, and Death counts. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 1:57 pm

I like the idea of a 1 minute bleeding count and then a 3 minute death count. 5 minutes is to long cause you just sit there and are like "Damn am i going to get saved or not"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding, and Death counts.   Bleeding, and Death counts. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bleeding, and Death counts.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Quintessence Larp :: Rules :: Misc Rules-
Jump to: