Quintessence Larp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quintessence Larp

This is the Forum for the quintessence live action role playing game held in Louisiana.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

First Alpha

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Crimson
Admin
Crimson

Nick : Shawn Hunter

First Alpha Empty
PostSubject: First Alpha   First Alpha Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 2:28 am

If Ryan has posted the skill lists by them I was Hoping we could get an alpha day in mid to late December (either on one or the other side of Christmas)

This is going to be a story Day so I'm going to test mods, and character development.

Since we are going to do Character Development I'm going to Institute a few Rules... No Necromancy, or Vampires. This makes since due to the characters ties to the biggest necromancy hunting order in the realm.

The Help The Mood

You sad few,

You each have been chosen, for various reasons. Doomed to do the work of heroes with none of the recognition. But do this for the betterment of the world, and be proud even if your name does not get to the ears of the common man. As it is your duty to defend them from the things that drive their nightmares, for if they knew the true evils that exist in the world around them the war would surly be lost. They would riot and pillage and all around do other nefarious deeds had they known of how the doom they fear to be as Immediate as it truly is. Though I see hope in you brave few who have come to Join our Great Order, The Ordo Vox Manus Deus (Order of the Right Hand of God), and I see you as being able to keep the people of Mordavia Safe while Purging the Taint of Necromancy from the Land. I look forward to training and Guiding you through the upcoming dark times ahead. May our will be strong as well as our faith in Derzalas. Though as much as i would Like this to be a meet and greet for you, the machinations of Heros are never done, he always works so we may never sleep. It is saddening to say that I feel the nearby city of Medengrad (Med-inn-grah'd) has been corrupted by the power that is the Void, and I call upon you to guide my blade into the heart of its Evil. Survive in this and May the Light of Derzalas grace you in all your journeys.

Inquisitor Episio (ee-pee-zee-oh) Doomstrike

Medengrad is a nearby city that only just recently gained its city status upon the arrival of an upstart noble Searus Mediach and a few of his knights. This Tiny Agricultural Center has been quickly becoming a great force in the realm of agricultural trade rapidly. So apparently Searus's Administrative skills are well honed. Though its growth is well and good for the betterment of the realm, its rapid growth has lent itself to having more unstable borders, and has been rumored to have become a den of theives and all that is evil. Many of the previously healthy have become direly sick, and the once simple town, is now suffering so that the noble may live in splendor. Under a constant state of city wide growth the citys layout is repidly changing, and it is uncertain how much of the population can be overseen by the city's guard force. This has lead to even worse problems for the city. Recently a single citizen left from the city to seek help in curing a disease, upon further notice the disease was Void in nature, and the poor man was doomed to the Pyre in fear that this disease would spread outside its borders. This Drawing the attention of the Order of the Right Hand of God has led to a barricade and embargo of all the city's exported goods. Though in fears of loosing an agricultural center the Order has order you to go investigate with haste.

If you have any questions with anything ask, and you shall receive.

That being said, I hope you have fun making your level 2 characters to start this round of alpha testing.

Also I really do not want this day to be all work and no play. So I would Like it if we can make this into a BBQ kind of get together. And Dont worry about costume or makeup, this is still Alpha After all.

--Shawn Hunter, Head of Logistics.
Back to top Go down
https://quintessence.forumotion.com
Grey

Grey

Nick : He scares us Sometimes

First Alpha Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Alpha   First Alpha Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 4:48 am

Dec 12 or 13th would be ideal... and possibly the only weekend I could do it...

But that being said, we can do it at my house if you want.
Get me a head count, and I'll break out the grill. I have a fair amount of chicken already in the freezer, could pick up chips / soda and hamburger materials easy. I think as long as we have under 20 people their won't be too much chaos. If there is... I'll just have big bob come out and offer you some sandwiches.

Let me know... the sooner the better, will post address if / when you decide.
Back to top Go down
Justin

Justin

First Alpha Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Alpha   First Alpha Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 10:24 am

Once you decide on a date, I'll see if I can get off (the sooner the better).
I think I would like to test out a healer (or some sort of other caster). Anybody else know what they want to try out yet?
Back to top Go down
Grey

Grey

First Alpha Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Alpha   First Alpha Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 6:53 pm

Was going to do a vamp / fighter. But with the restriction I'll prob do a gypsy or sidhe fighter, unless the steatlh chart is done soon and is interesting.
Back to top Go down
Ava Lenore

Ava Lenore

First Alpha Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Alpha   First Alpha Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 5:33 pm

I'll give elf healer a shot.
Back to top Go down
http://nekkidbacon.deviantart.com/
Justin

Justin

First Alpha Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Alpha   First Alpha Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 9:03 pm

In that case, I might do a demon dark caster or binder. If the philosophy list is up, I might do a created philosopher.
Back to top Go down
Justin

Justin

First Alpha Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Alpha   First Alpha Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 12:20 am

So, its December. Did you decide when the event will be yet?
Back to top Go down
Crimson
Admin
Crimson

First Alpha Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Alpha   First Alpha Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 3:31 pm

So i was thinking the 20th. and jarret offered his place up for the sacrifice of the first time we sommon cth... i mean the frist alpha test.

Still waingong on if thats the okay for him. If not and things go well for my on the 22nd then i'd be able to go for one on the 27th.

So Far We have about 6 people who may be doing this test(pending on alicia, hope she is better then the last i heard of her), but the more the merrier.
Back to top Go down
Ava Lenore

Ava Lenore

First Alpha Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Alpha   First Alpha Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 1:21 pm

I'm out of the hospital anyway. Still mending. Maybe I'll switch to some sort of RP class, unless I can get promises that people will kill me (as a healer) the way we normally kill medically OOP folk.

I miss my appendix.
Back to top Go down
Grey

Grey

First Alpha Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Alpha   First Alpha Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 3:27 pm

Appendix! Those are for sissys walk that shit off, really though, walking hurts like hell, but makes you feel better quicker, I had about a 2-3 week recovery time by walking. Ok the 20th is a NO.
The 27th is good for me.

J. Forest's Crib
17006 hwy 42
French Settlement, La

Just make sure to remind me that Friday or Saturday night...

Also, we play testing without the stealth chart being finished?
Back to top Go down
Crimson
Admin
Crimson

First Alpha Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Alpha   First Alpha Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 5:21 pm

Well its good thet your out.

As for Stealth and Philosophy charts, I have a funny story about that. Chris was supposed to give Ryan those lists so he could post they, but apparently didn't. and when Chris had my big binder 'o' logistics he somehow managed to misplace those lists. Sooo... ryan and I are kinda working blind on those. But we are going to try get them done and posted before the alpha, if not they should be available at the test day.
Back to top Go down
Grey

Grey

First Alpha Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Alpha   First Alpha Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 8:41 pm

Crap I had to check my work schedule, I forgot they changed my rotation due to Xmas. I'm only off on the 26th which is a Saturday. If not Jan. 9th or 10 would be my next weekend off. I would apologize, but I enjoyed crushing your hopes. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Crimson
Admin
Crimson

First Alpha Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Alpha   First Alpha Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 2:09 am

I'm fine with the 26th as long as everyone else is.
Back to top Go down
Ava Lenore

Ava Lenore

First Alpha Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Alpha   First Alpha Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 4:42 pm

Should be OK.
Back to top Go down
PlotChris

PlotChris

Nick : Extra Undead Activity

First Alpha Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Alpha   First Alpha Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 6:28 pm

I gave Ryan what he needed, but there was a communication mishap somewhere along the line. But all that needed to be done was to write descriptions for the damn skills. But whatever. I am fixing that this weekend myself.

I am back until the 2nd. I am down for the 26th.
Back to top Go down
Grey

Grey

First Alpha Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Alpha   First Alpha Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 8:52 am

Awesome, Like I said remind me the night before ( 225-773-3888). Also what time are we starting the fun?
Back to top Go down
PlotChris

PlotChris

First Alpha Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Alpha   First Alpha Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 5:17 pm

Quite honestly, since it is your place, our time frame is up to you and when you want us there and when you want us to leave.

I will talk to Shawn about his specific plans for the Alpha Test and give him my 'story' input and we will plan out an 'event'. But I would say that about 7 hours would be ideal. Possibly start around 11 and end at 6.

What does everyone think?
Back to top Go down
Grey

Grey

First Alpha Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Alpha   First Alpha Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 12:32 am

11 to 6 is fine, Anywhere from 9am- 7/8 pm would be fine. Bring some drinks... and your boffers.
Back to top Go down
PlotChris

PlotChris

First Alpha Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Alpha   First Alpha Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 12:48 am

Excellent. 11-6 it is then.

Drinks and boffers are ready.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

First Alpha Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Alpha   First Alpha Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Alpha
Page 1 of 1