Quintessence Larp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quintessence Larp

This is the Forum for the quintessence live action role playing game held in Louisiana.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Get This Game Up and Running

Go down 

Are you Tired of waiting for this game to start
yes
Get This Game Up and Running I_vote_lcap100%Get This Game Up and Running I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 2 ]
no
Get This Game Up and Running I_vote_lcap0%Get This Game Up and Running I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

AuthorMessage
Kenny

Kenny

Get This Game Up and Running Empty
PostSubject: Get This Game Up and Running   Get This Game Up and Running Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 8:37 pm

Ok before i get started let me say this: I am well aware of all the time, money, and work all of yall have put into this game. And being such i know where it is now and from where it started. This is me saying what yall need to hear from someone outside of your little circle. This is in no way intended to be an attack on anyone of yall because you are all my friends.

Ok with that said, I am TIRED, of waiting for this Larp to get started. At this point you have everything you need to start PLAY TESTING. The key word being play. You can want to make the game as perfect as you want to before you start playing be the fact is you will not be able to make everything perfect with out putting it through actual in game situations. There is no way that the group of yall can come up with every single little thing that could go wrong, be right, or how every mechanic will work out. You can only fix so much in meetings. Yes you are all larpers, but you are not larpers for this game you are the staff members and while it is your job to know the game backwards and forwards, you will not think of every way a player/ larper will to use (insert skill/spell) in any given situation. You need to let the HoP do his job and start running the game, so that you can have a much larger group of larpers get their hands on the content so that you can see what needs to be fixed and what needs to be nerfed and what needs to be buffed. That is the only real way you will refine this game.

Also, as a perspective client/player/ possible crew member I really need yall to push this harder cause this slacking is what is going to make people not want to come, because they will lose interested. You need to start offering full events, start out with one-days if u must but make them full one-days, that are actual events with full story, mods/adventures what ever you call them, character development, wandering monsters, the works. This will get people interested and keep their attention. Involve your players in the refinement of the game. Let us help you guys understand how it all will work and change things on the fly. This will allow the game grow and evolve into the great larp you all have envisioned from day one. You can not build a player base by holding meetings, you need to have full events and not just half event with random character pvp.

As a fellow larper to another and as a Friend i ask you all to stop dragging your feet and get this game started cause everyone who is interested in playing your game is at some point in time get tired of waiting. I for one am at that point.
Back to top Go down

Get This Game Up and Running
Page 1 of 1